I love this time of year the breeze is cool, the leaves rustle and the kitchen smells good! Time to get back into house and "nest"! HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!
Enjoy the anticipation of the season ahead! Make if fun and yummy for you and yours! The following is a great way to get started....thanks to Tablespoon.com! Can't you smell them now?
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package Pillsbury rolled pie crust (use just 1 of the 2 crusts in the box)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Slice the top off each of your apples and scoop out the inside of the apple. I used a knife and a spoon to hollow out the apple.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the apple pie filling with the cinnamon. Spoon the filling into the well of each apple.
- 4Unroll one pie crust and cut it into fourths; one for each apple. Then cut each quarter into 1/4-inch strips.
- 5Lay strips of the dough on top of the apple. Then take one new strip at a time and alternate weaving it over and under the pie strips already in place. Repeat until the top of the apple has been covered. Trim excess pie crust around the edges with a knife.
- 6Place apples in a baking dish and fill with 1/4-inch of water. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust if golden brown. Remove from baking dish and enjoy.