Saturday, January 21, 2012

Ashton with his onion cutting goggles.





The above is one way to prevent tears while chopping onions.  There are several ideas about this topic. What's your way?  Personally, I don't have a big problem with crying while chopping onions.  I believe this is due to the fact that I have chopped so many onions over so many years I have become immune.  Here are some of the techniques and the explanation of why onions make us cry. Very interesting ideas and some are damn funny, IMHO.  (Mom, this means "in my humble opinion")

http://www.wikihow.com/Chop-Onions-Without-Tears




I live in Georgia, home of the famous Vidalia Onion.  They are the best onion for everyday use IMHO.  Here is bit of information about The Vidalia Onion Festival, if you have the chance to attend I highly recommend that you do so.  It's a hoot.



4 comments:

  1. Omg!! Ash..haha. I don't cry when chopping onions when I have my contacts in....it is like a thin clear onion shield to the eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using goggles, and let me tell you, I do hate tearing up when I chop onions. That's a smart idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words about our onions, and be sure to check out VidaliaOnion.org for some recipe ideas this spring!

    W. Brannen
    Vidalia Onion Committee

    ReplyDelete