Friday, July 29, 2011

French Fries......America's Test Kitchen Style......see how they turned out.

Testing french fry recipe from America's Test Kitchen. These are the basic ingredients.

Yukon gold potatoes sliced jusssttt right.


This is the best bacon! I used one piece in the pot with the potatoes. Then I cooked some for our Bacon Cheeseburgers that we had with our fries.


Bacon for potatoes. Look at that bacon...so thick and meaty. Soooo good.


I put the sliced raw potato and bacon into the empty pot.



Added eough oil to cover. Remember, the pot is still cold, no heat yet.


Empty oil bottle, everybody in the pool!


Okay, we have bubbling and boilage. Set the timer for 15 minutes. Go!




I am cooking the bacon for burgers right next door.


Hamburger patties made. Check. How long has it been since you have seen one these.....patty makers....that's the technical term for this high tech gadget.


Big Bad Sesame Seed Buns. Buns of steel. Suzanne where have you gone? ...............okay I'm back.....drifted for a minute there. Oh wait she didn't advertise buns of steel. Some time I free associate and it takes me strange places. The thigh master that was her deal. Where is the special sauce?




All righty now....15 minutes came and went. I stirred the potatoes and cooked them for another 3-4 minutes. Removed them to drain then salt and peppered them. See that piece of bacon over on the left side? It was hard as a rock but it still tasted good. No teeth were broken during the making of this recipe test. BTW America's Test Kitchen used a couple of tablespoons of bacon grease in the oil for the potatoes. I decided to use the slice of bacon in my version. I can do that...it's my house.



There they are in all of their splendid goodness.


And there is the burger. Oh yeah, I made some onion straws and that tomato slice?....it's from my backyard. Actually, the whole tomato was from my backyard. That is a genuwine Vidalia Onion resting so sweetly on top of the burger. Thing of beauty, that's all I'm sayin'.


More things of beauty from my backyard. Zinnias, lovely Zinnias.



7 comments:

  1. As the official taster of the Forester Feasts Kitchen, I give the fries a 5 out of 5 rating.
    There was nothing French about them. They were 100% Southern love.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I don't learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, very nice article.

    Check out my website - vacature arnhem

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be recommended this website through my cousin.
    I am now not certain whether this publish is written through him
    as nobody else realize such targeted about my trouble.
    You are incredible! Thanks!

    my web site; vakantievilla frankrijk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful
    & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and aid others
    like you helped me.

    my blog luxe vakantiewoning huren []

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saved as a favorite, I love your blog!

    Also visit my web-site ... particuliere vakantiehuizen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading through a post that will
    make people think. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!


    Also visit my blog - vakantiehuisje frankrijk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really an informative and well described post. I appreciate your topic for blogging. Thanks for sharing such a useful post.

    ReplyDelete