Thursday, December 9, 2010

Muffins and Tops


I bet your craving muffins now, huh? No?

No muffins or tops.
Try this bread easy and delicous. It is a great little mix up for a quick Christmas breakfast or brunch.


SAUSAGE BREAD

1 LB. Highly seasoned sausage (breakfast type)
8 oz. Cream Cheese
2 pkgs. Crescent Rolls
1 egg, beaten
Poppy seeds (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown sausage and drain fat. Stir in cream cheese until creamy. Cool completely. Separate crescent rolls into two rectangles. Form sausage mixture lengthwise down center of each rectangle.

Fold over the long sides of pastry to cover sausage. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush w/egg and if desired, sprinkle w/poppy seeds.
Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown.

When completely cooled slice and serve.

3 comments:

  1. I have GOT to try this one this weekend. I'll report my results. Say hi to Joe for me.

    Eric Watson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, three out of four Watsons LOVED this. The holdout was my daughter, Clara (4). My son insisted, with no counter argument from me, that the recipe go into "the binder." That's where recipes that will be repeated go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad 3 out of 4 Watsons liked it! Happy Holidaze!

    Feast

    ReplyDelete