I suggest you start the Thanksgiving afternoon/evening with one of these....
Cranberry Cosmopolitan Recipe
• 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably ruby red vodka or citron vodka
• 1/2 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
• 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
• 1 ounce cranberry juice, whether red or white
• 1 fresh or frozen cranberry
1. To make the cranberry cosmopolitan, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Measure in the vodka, orange liqueur, and lime and cranberry juices and shake vigorously.
2. Strain the cranberry cosmopolitan into a martini glass and float a cranberry in the drink for garnish. Repeat as needed
The following is an interesting finish to the day. "Harvest" aka Candy Corn Mousse
Harvest/Candy Corn Mousse
•8 ounces Harvest Corn, plus more for decoration (or Candy Corn)
•2 1/2 cups Heavy whipping cream
•Several gratings of Nutmeg
1.Melt the candy corn and ¼ cup of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the candy corn is melted and the mixture is smooth, set aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
2. Mix in 3-4 gratings nutmeg or to taste.
3.Whip the remaining 2 ¼ cups cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Drop a few tablespoons of the whipped cream into the melted candy corn and stir untilthoroughlycombined. 4.Fold the mixture into the whipped cream gently, making sure to combine completely. Spoon the mousse into ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 5 hours or overnight.
5.Garnish the mousse with the reserved candy corn.