Friday, November 12, 2010

Pork Belly Grease Jars


You do know that the vedddy, vedddy, trendy "Pork Belly" (you better think in caps) is also known as Bacon, uncured right? Formerly known as Fat Back. Now that it is so popular the prices have gone thru the roof.
I think I will start using the name "Pamela" and tell my employer to double my salary. I'll still do the same work but it will be worth more because Pamela sounds uh so much better.

A few years ago we would have been shunned for using "pork belly"....I remember a time waaayyy back when I was looking for an old fashioned "Grease Jar" for my stove top, just like both of my grandmother's had on their stove tops. As I was shopping away and blithly asking shop keepers if they carried such an item... I was almost kicked out of the stores. Most of them looked down their noses at me and said with a dour look on their face that "no one kept grease!" Cancer causing agent that is was, I kept looking for my grease jar. Never found one exactly like the ones my grandmother's used until recently. Now they are popular again as is everything PORK. There really is nothing new under the sun, just reinterpreations. Love pork belly, salt pork, bacon, fat back or whatever "they" are calling it today. Pork Pork Pork! Yum Yum Yum! Much Love, Pamela

I love ALL kinds of Bacon....

No comments:

Post a Comment