Thursday, August 5, 2010

Love is waiting in the microwave

Lately I have taken up the sport of Kayak Angling. Kayak angling means fishing from a kayak and does not mean fishing for kayaks.

Anyway, most of my fishing has been done in the evenings after work, so I often return home late, long after my wife has gone to bed. I return home, hot, dirty, tired, and hungry and after unloading the boat and gear from my truck, there just isn't anything I can think of that is more warming to my heart than to find a light on in the kitchen and a note on the counter that simply says...

"Your dinner is in the microwave. Love, Pam."

Now, she doesn't need to do this for me and I do not expect her to have dinner waiting for me when I get home, but finding the note and knowing that she thought of me warms my heart like you wouldn't believe. It's these types of small things in our life that are love. These small, seemingly insignificant gestures, are what make my life here on Earth, heaven for me.

1 comment: